Friday, August 19, 2011

wedding rings.

Sarah hood

SarahHood

I guess it's just a wedding ring sort of week! Sarah Hood was a featured seller this morning on Etsy and I couldn't resist! I love the natural, casual quality these rings have. Everything from women's engagement rings to men's wedding bands have the same high quality/low glitz feel to them. She also has some beautiful non-wedding rings, you know... just for fun.


filagree rings

fabuluster

 I think these are incredibly cool. Something about the intricacy of fingerprints has always intrigued me. These rings from Fabuluster can feature them on the inside or the outside of the ring. Check them out!

 

twiggy tweasures

 

 

bands that march to a different drummer

shine on

Sparkle by Blanca Monros Gomez. So dainty and chic...

earthy

I love the organic textures on these rings by Elizabeth Scott Botanical Jewelry. Available in silver or gold. Mmmmm... gold.

itali lambertini

This amazing jewelry reminds me of a trip thru the Roman Antiquities wing at the Met (one of my absolute favorite wings, but the way). I love the rings especially, and think they'd be just perfect for an engagement ring. "Timeless" would be the perfect adjective, don't you think? Itali Lambertini will also create custom rings, if you're looking for some other type of stone.

 

back!

 I'm so happy to be back! While I have no news (they didn't do an ultrasound this morning, so I'll have to wait a few weeks to find out if it's a boy or a girl) I am excited to get back to blogging and to work at Kenzie Kate. Thank you to everyone who left name suggestions. I will revisit this problem in a few weeks!
I got an exciting email from Becky Kelso last week about her new website and corresponding sale. Enter the code "OPAL" at checkout until the end of March and get a 25% discount off anything on her new site. I thought I'd post about that first off, in case any of you might like to do a little discount shopping!

 


to have and to hold

 I have always been a fan of Prismera Jewelry, and designer Laura Su has recently released a new collection called "Hold". Yay! Each piece has a kind of rough, organic feel that, coupled with a few stones, makes a really stunning combination. In these tough times, the price is right too!

 

a golden reminder

How cute would this be as a wedding band? What a pretty little reminder of your having tied the knot! From Kabiri, in 10K yellow gold.


finger candy

These rings from Manak remind me of Queen Elizabeth. Such panache all on one finger... I love the tiara style one on the top. All from Ylang Ylang. The middle one would make a fantastic wedding band.

 

a new eternity band

 I love these simple, yet elegant little rings. The sillouette is so delicate, and the shape is so timeless. I think something like this would be great as an alternative to a traditional wedding band. Available in gold or silver by Adina, from Pink Mascara.

jeanine payer

 Something a little different to consider for your wedding band, from Jeanine Payer. Each has its own saying engraved into the surface. My favorite is the saying on the Infinity-G ring (above) "Quietly now, the dreams are sleeping now it is time to live." I love that. All available at Ylang, Ylang. 

responsible rings

 

 I found out about eco-friendly jewelry designer Jennifer Dawes through the Porto Vert website, who always has awesome suggestions on making your wedding more green. Dawes only uses recycled gold, conflict free diamonds and responsibly mined stones in her amazing engagement rings, wedding rings and other jewelry. I think her Tine Oval Diamond Ring (top left) is my new favorite solitaire-alternative engagement ring.
Speaking of Porto Vert, they are declaring March DIY Wedding month and are featuring projects and a DIY contest on their site, thought you might like to check that out too.

 

 

wood and metal wedding rings

 

  realize that there aren't too many guys out there visiting my blog on a daily basis, so I don't post about guy stuff all that often. I may be wrong, but I doubt there are many grooms cruising the blogosphere for inspiration on their wedding rings. But who knows? Maybe I'm completely wrong and offending a large chuck of highly involved husbands-to-be. More likely than not, you (the loving fiance) will just tell them about these precious metal and wood inlay rings later, and they'll think you're the smartest most thoughtful, considerate, stylish lady ever. Available on Etsy from Rob and Lean.