Saturday, August 25, 2012

Miss Nepal Shristi home 'enriched'

It was enriching. I am grateful for having the opportunity which I think was adventurous,” expressed Miss Nepal 2012 Shristi Shrestha of her wonderful Miss World experience on arrival at Kathmandu on August 23. 

She didn’t bring home the crown home as yet another Miss World dream shattered on August 18 for Nepal, but she has brought back cherished moments along with a few achievements to be proud of.

Shristi was ranked 21st among 116 participants of the world and she bagged the Top 10 positions in two fast titles — Multimedia Award and Beach Beauty. She was also picked as one of the best dancers in ‘Top Dancers of the World’. These accomplishments show that her hard work and training have paid off to an extent.

Gopal Sundar Lal Kakshapati, Chairman of The Hidden Treasure claims, “This is a big achievement. She has showed how we can do it. It has also encouraged more candidates to apply for the coming Miss Nepal pageants.”

And to Shristi, the pageant was worth every little effort.

“During the pageant, I gave my 110 per cent, every second. I am happy with my performance and my representation. I don’t have regrets,” she said,

Another proud moment was when Miss World official Steve Douglas mentioned after meeting her, “Nepalis are beautiful and I am looking forward to next year.”

As Miss World was not just about competing, Shristi reveals she made friends and visited beautiful places which are her memorable moments of Miss World held in in Ordos, China.

“I made lots of friends. The girls from my group became very close. There was togetherness but no jealousy and hatred amongst us though it was a competition,” she shared of her experience adding, “This moment was my dream.”

Visiting Shanghai, Beijing and nomadic places made her “feel blessed for this chance. It was amazing to see their culture, tradition and way of living and to share it with the ladies of the competition”.

The country had pinned their hopes on her and Kakshapati mentioned, “We were sure she would be in Top 15.”

Though she didn’t make it, she divulged, “I gave my best possible to represent Nepal.”

And her not so memorable moment includes not making to the Beauty with a Purpose. “The video was strong and many had liked it while some were in tears. I don’t know what they looked and overlooked,” she opined. However, Shristi is Nepal’s Miss World as she has made Nepal proud. Back in Nepal, she will be working with UNICEF, WWF to carry on with the humanitarian work.