Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Nepal's Suman Udaya amongst the Kings of Bollywood

Have you ever had a feeling where you’re not quite sure if you’re awake or still dreaming? Well that’s exactly what Suman Udaya felt when he was performing the opening act for Bollywood’s most sought after musical trio, Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy’s (SEL) ‘Kings of Bollywood’ Concert in Abu Dhabi on 16th December, 2011. Over 4000 fans took to their feet energized at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre, singing and dancing as Udaya performed chart topping hit songs such as Saiyonee, Teri Deewani and I Love You (from the movie Bodyguard). “It felt so good when I heard the crowd cheering loud and singing along with me” says Udaya as he shares his high emotional pact night. “Even though the Nepali crowd [at the concert] was limited, I got full support from them....I feel so proud to represent my country Nepal!”

Two years ago when Suman heard SEL was performing at the Rock On concert in Dubai, he knew he had to attend. “Wow what a day it was” he recalls, “ from that day I wished to perform along with them.”

Just last July, this Nepalese talent’s lifelong dream of becoming a live performer took center stage when he opened the show for the UK/Canadian based Punjabi Dj/Bhangra music production group RDB and Dutch born Pakistani singer Imran Khan, at the Dubai Summer Dhol 2011 concert.

By day Udaya is a business development manager but in front of a microphone, this proud Nepali morphs himself into one of the most astounding vocalist in the UAE. Hence it is no wonder he was personally  handpicked by UAE’s CITY 101.6 FM to perform for these mega stars. 

And as for the secret of his success one might wonder? “...it’s passion, even though work is hectic everywhere, I never gave up my passion for music.”